Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 02.07.2007, 14:17   #13
Butcher
Ветеран DSM

I have heard of plenty of horror stories about failed Top Line pumps, but I have heard (and experienced) plenty of factory pumps failing as well. I think the biggest question is method of drive and driven gear installation, inspection, and if the balance shafts were removed. I don't nessisarily think the Top Line pump is garbage, but one thing I do know for sure is their stub shaft for the balance shaft eliminator is. What is sad is how many people actually use this shaft, and experiance failure, and blame the pump without really determining what the failure really is, or how it was caused.

The Top Line stub shaft DOES NOT have a groove and/or oil feed hole, which starves the pump of oil. This is usualy why I see these pumps fail. Usualy the shaft siezes in the housing, and locks up. The factory Mitsubishi Mirage stub shaft (MD098626) has this gallery, and obviously is the part you will need if eliminating the balance shafts.

To be honest, reusing a old oil pump, even if it has 150,000 plus miles, in my opinion, isn't a bad idea as long as the back of the case has been taken apart, the drive and driven gears are in good condition upon inspection, and most importantly, it is within manufactuer's specification limits. Our oil pumps are very simple, there isn't really much to fail. The only way that the pump is going to really fail is if forign debris is introduced into the pump, or if you install that garbage Top Line stub shaft.

мне кажеца что вся проблема в конструктиве стандартного кита для удаления балансиров. Более того там куча постов в стиле "топлайн мусор" и "топлайн у меня уже 150 миль и нет никаких проблем"

If you run slower than a 13.99 you don't need a helmet and you can have a passenger(C)
Моя БЫВШАЯ машина 402m: 11.8
Моя БЫВШАЯ машина
Моя текущая машина
Butcher вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Перейти в начало страницы Перейти в конец страницы